Come to our makerspace for these extended hours for help with circuits, soldering, 3d design, woodworking or programming. We have the tools you need!
A specialized instructor will be available to assist you. Use of the equipment requires basic proficiency and safety standards.
Please note: Questions are handled based on the topics discussed in any of the classes offered at the Library.
Tools and Equipment Available: PC Laptops with Arduino, 3D design, and CNC software. Makerbot Replicator 3D Printer. DeltaMaker 3D Printer
Note: 3D prints may not exceed 3.5 hours and prints cost .35 Cents per gram.
Shapeoko Desktop CNC Makerbot 3D Scanner Silhouette Cameo Cutter Soldering Irons Dremel and Dremel Press Assorted Hand Tools Arduino Kits for Practice Heavy Duty Professional 2.25" Button Maker Machine
Note: .25 Cents for blank buttons More equipment coming soon!
Note: You must bring your own consumable materials for your projects. All tools are available as first come first served.
OCLS Laser Cutter Service Guidelines
CUTTING SERVICES - The 55Watt laser cutter can be used to cut the following materials – maximum cutting size is 20”X28”
- max 3/16” thickness for plywood (3mm- 4.76mm)
- max 3/16” thickness for dimensional lumber (maple, oak, balsa,) (3mm- 4.76mm)
- max 3/16” thickness for project foamboard (3mm- 4.76mm)
- max 3/16” thickness for cardboard (3mm- 4.76mm)
- max 3/16” thickness for particleboard, LUAN, (3mm- 4.76mm)
ENGRAVING SERVICES - The laser can be used to engrave the following materials:
- Plywood and dimensional lumber
- Leather, denim, fabric, etc
PLEASE NOTE: The laser cannot be used to cut the following materials:
- Acrylic, plastic, or any material that contains plastic of any type (PET, Nylon, Delrin, vinyl, etc.)
- Leather (real or synthetic)
- Materials that have a surface treated with polyurethane, varnish, lacquer or finishes that emit toxic gasses
- Tile, Granite, Stone or similar materials
- Rubber and metal of any kind
We reserve the right to refuse cutting any material that may be flammable and/or emit harmful toxic fumes or gasses.