This event occurs online through Zoom. Please provide your email at registration to participate. A device with access to the internet and speakers or headsets are required. An email will be sent before the event with more information on how to join.
A copy of the book, Advanced Genetic Genealogy: Techniques and Case Studies by Debbie Parker Wayne (Editor) is required to participate in this webinar. Please send an email to email@example.com to find out how Orange County Library cardholders can check out a copy of the book. If you prefer, you can purchase your own copy of the book in print or kindle format from a variety of online retailers.
Each week will focus on specific chapters and will consist of a discussion of the chapters' content, topics, and ideas.
Wednesday, August 26th at 6:30 PM
- Chapter 1: Lessons Learned from Triangulating a Genome by Jim Bartlett, PE
- Chapter 2: Visual Phasing Methodology and Techniques by Blaine T. Bettinger, JD, PhD
Wednesday, September 2nd at 6:30 PM
- Chapter 3: X-DNA Techniques and Limitations by Kathryn J. Johnston, MD
- Chapter 4: Y-DNA Analysis for a Family Study by James M. Owston, EdD
Wednesday, September 9th at 6:30 PM
- Chapter 5: Unknown and Misattributed Parentage Research by Melissa A. Johnson, CG
- Chapter 6: The Challenge of Endogamy and Pedigree Collapse by Kimberly T. Powell
Wednesday, September 16th at 6:30 PM
- Chapter 7: Parker Study: Combining atDNA & Y-DNA by Debbie Parker Wayne, CG, CGL
- Chapter 8: Would You Like Your Data Raw or Cooked? By Ann Turner, MD
Wednesday, September 23rd at 6:30 PM
- Chapter 9: Drowning in DNA? The Genealogical Proof Standard Tosses a Lifeline by Karen Stanbary, CG
- Chapter 10: Correlating Documentary and DNA Evidence to Identify an Unknown Ancestor by Patricia Lee Hobbs, CG
Wednesday, September 30th at 6:30 PM (4 Chapters)
- Chapter 11: Writing about Documenting, and Publishing DNA Test Results by Thomas W. Jones, PhD, CG, CGL, FASG, FUGA, FNGS
- Chapter 12: Ethical Underpinnings of Genetic Genealogy by Judy G. Russell, JD, CG, CGL
- Chapter 13: Uncovering Family Secrets: The Human Side of DNA Testing by Michael D. Lacopo, DVM
- Chapter 14: The Promise and Limitations of Genetic Genealogy by Debbie Kennett, MCG