About the branch
LYNX Bus Link 28 E. Colonial Dr. / Azalea Park
LYNX Bus Link 29 E. Colonial Dr. / Goldenrod
The Herndon Branch opened to the public in November 1998 on East Colonial Drive. The branch bears the name Herndon due to the nearby Orlando Executive Airport, which for many years was named Herndon Airport in honor of Albert B. Herndon, a long-time city engineer who moved to Orlando in 1914.
This location has an interesting history. In the mid-90s, it housed a major bookstore outlet. The location, size, and 2-story glass foyer were easily recognized as an attractive setting for a branch library. Only 3.5 miles from downtown, the library has ample parking near retail centers and restaurants, making it a popular spot for information, imagination, and inspiration.