Learn the basics of Sashiko (stab stitching) while creating a hand-sewn coaster. This is a four-week series beginning October 8.
Pre-Requisite: Basic Hand Sewing: Basic Level 4
Week 1: Introduce Sashiko, Sashiko Materials, Measure, and Draw Grid, work on beginning Stitches)
Week 2: Work on the coaster
Week 3: Work on the coaster
Week 4: Finish coaster.
- 1- 5" Square Fabric (Solid color, cotton or linen fabric)
- 1 -5" Squares Fabric (Cotton or linen Fabric)
- 1 skein Sashiko Thread or Embroidery thread in a contrast color from solid color fabric square
- Tailor's Chalk (substitute with Frixion Marker or pen, chalk pencil, disappearing ink fabric marker, or water-soluble or heat-soluble fabric pen)
- embroidery, crewel, or sashiko needle
- needle threader
- thimble (optional)
- some masking tape or painter's tape (to hold down fabric while tracing)
This is a Virtual Event hosted through Zoom. Please provide your email at registration to participate. You will receive an email with a link to access the Zoom before the event from your event host. Zoom log-in information will be shared no later than one hour before start of event.A computer with access to the internet and speakers or headsets are required. A webcam and microphone are suggested to fully participate. If using a mobile device, Android and iOS users must install the Zoom App (App Store | Play Store). However, please note interactivity may be limited. Additional information will be included in the email from your event host. Recommended Audience: Adult