Concertina books can be used as display art, stories, words of inspiration, and more. In this two-part series, we will practice the techniques of making and extending an concertina book. We will then apply our skills, assemble, and decorate the book.
- a bone folder
- 2 sheets of card stock or watercolor paper (at least 110lb ) sizes 8 1/2X11 or 9X12
- 2 sheets of regular copy paper 8 1/2 x11
- scrap paper
- awl or pushpin
- darning needle
- a small amount of waxed linen thread (or embroidery floss is fine)
- embroidery floss (2 fall colors preferred, but may be substituted with colors you have on hand)
- embroidery needle
- craft knife or scissors
- cutting mat
- washi tape or painters' tape
- a cup of water for cleaning the brush
- watercolor paint or ink
- Double-sided tape (optional)
- Optional decorating supplies such as fine liner pens, markers, scrapbook paper
Day 1 : Practice the techniques of making the accordion book.
Day 2: Assemble, trace pattern and stitch design for the book
This is a Virtual Event hosted through Zoom. You will receive an email with a link to access the Zoom before the event from your event host. Zoom log-in information will be shared no later than one hour before start of event.
A computer with access to the internet and speakers or headsets are required. A webcam and microphone are suggested to fully participate.
If using a mobile device, Android and iOS users must install the Zoom App (App Store | Play Store). However, please note interactivity may be limited. Additional information will be included in the email from your event host.
Recommended Audience: Adults.