Week 1: Introduction to materials and starting project.
Week 2: Work on project and new stitches
Week 3: Finish project.
We will be making a pumpkin plushie. Have the following material to follow along:
- Fabric: 12 x 6 cotton or cotton blend - Orange color preferred but can use any (pumpkin body)
- 1 piece felt 6" x 6" - Green or Brown color for the stem/leaves
- filling - any that can be shaped into a round form
- 1 piece of 6" x 6" cotton or any non-stretchy fabric for practicing stitches
- ribbon (optional)
- hand sewing and/or embroidery needle
- hand sewing thread in a color that matches the fabric.
- Embroidery thread/cotton pearl, matching the fabric (optional but preferred for creating the pumpkin shape)
- fabric cutting scissors
- tailor's chalk (substitute with a chalk pencil, disappearing ink fabric marker, or water-soluble or heat-soluble fabric pen)
- needle threader (optional)
- Thimble (optional)
This is a Virtual Event hosted through Zoom. Please provide your email at registration to participate. You will receive an email with a link to access the Zoom before the event from your event host. Zoom log-in information will be shared no later than one hour before start of event.A computer with access to the internet and speakers or headsets are required. A webcam and microphone are suggested to fully participate. If using a mobile device, Android and iOS users must install the Zoom App (App Store | Play Store). However, please note interactivity may be limited. Additional information will be included in the email from your event host. Recommended Audience: Adults