Week 1: Introduction to materials and basic hand sewing stitches.
Week 2: Work on project and new stitches
Week 3: Finish project.
We will be making a Gingerbread Man/Woman. Have the following material to follow along:
- Fabric: Felt (brown)
- filling - any that can be shaped
- hand sewing and/or embroidery needle
- hand sewing thread: brown
- Embroidery thread for face and decoration: white, black, red or green
- fabric cutting scissors
- tailor's chalk (substitute with a chalk pencil, disappearing ink fabric marker, or water-soluble or heat-soluble fabric pen)
- ribbon, any color (optional)
- needle threader(optional)
- Thimble (optional)
This is a Virtual Event hosted through Zoom. Please provide your email at registration to participate. You will receive an email with a link to access the Zoom before the event from your event host. Zoom log-in information will be shared no later than one hour before start of event.A computer with access to the internet and speakers or headsets are required. A webcam and microphone are suggested to fully participate. If using a mobile device, Android and iOS users must install the Zoom App (App Store | Play Store). However, please note interactivity may be limited. Additional information will be included in the email from your event host. Recommended Audience: Adults