Material suggested for this class:
- 2 pieces of 5 1/2"x12" cotton fabric preferred . One (1) piece for exterior (does not need to be solid color, prints are ok) of needle book and one (1) for inside (solid color preferred).
- 1-2 pieces felt or wool 5"X10"
- 1 piece of 6" x 6" cotton fabric (can be same as exterior or interior fabric) for pocket (optional)
- additional fabric scraps for practice of stitches
- 1/2" ribbon, 30" length
- thread in a color that matches the fabric.
- fabric scissors
- tailor's chalk (substitute with a chalk pencil, disappearing ink fabric marker, or water-soluble or heat-soluble fabric pen)
*A sewing machine is needed to follow along during the class.
This event is private, by invitation only. Please do not share this event link and password on any social media or public platform. This is a Virtual Event hosted through Zoom. You will receive an email with a link to access the Zoom before the event from your event host. A computer with access to the internet and speakers or headsets are required. A webcam and microphone are suggested to fully participate. If using a mobile device, Android and iOS users must install the Zoom App (App Store | Play Store). However, please note interactivity may be limited. Additional information will be included in the email from your event host.
Class Duration: 2 hours
Age Requirements: Adult
Recommended Prerequisite: Introduction to the Sewing Machine
Required Skills: Student must be able to wind a bobbin, thread a sewing machine, change stitch selections, stitch straight seams, read patterns and cut fabric.