Create a yarn block to print on paper. Test different prints resulting from found materials.
- Plastic plate to hold paint
- Paint Brushes for applying paint
- Acrylic or Tempera Paint
- Plastic fork
- Washi or Painters Tape
- Several large brown paper bags (grocery bags)
- Empty disposable cardboard Jewelry box (substitute with woodblock or stack of cardboard pieces of similar size (smaller than 5"x5")
Yarn (substitute with kitchen twine, small rope)
Optional "Found" Materials (any on hand):
Lemon halved and left to dry
Empty Toilet Paper Tube
Small Plastic Cup
- *If you do not have the suggested materials, please use any materials have on hand. At the start of class, please inform the instructor if you are using materials other than those suggested. An adult must be present to assist if needed.
This is an online class hosted through Zoom. You will receive an email with a link to access the Zoom before the event from your event host.
A computer with access to the internet and speakers or headsets are required. A webcam and microphone are suggested to fully participate. Please note that Zoom allows you to share your video and audio with the group. If you choose to enable these settings, you are consenting for you and your child(ren) to appear on audio and video. This event is not being recorded and we ask that out of courtesy to the other participants, please refrain from screen captures, photography or resharing information about the participants or the discussion outside of this event.
If using a mobile device, Android and iOS users must install the Zoom App (App Store | Play Store). However, please note interactivity may be limited. Additional information will be included in the email from your event host.
Class Duration: 45 minutes
Age Requirements: 10-12
Recommended Prerequisite: None
Required Skills: None
Materials Fee: None