Week 1: Introduction to materials and basic hand sewing stitches.
Week 2: Learn to hand hem garments in a neat and professional manner.
Week 3: Use hand sewing techniques to repair and mend fabric
Week 4: Add some designs to your mending to create a whole new fabric surface.
Week 5: Use techniques learned to complete a small projet
- 2 piece Scrap cotton/cotton blend fabric to practice on (approximately 6” X 6 “ )-feel free to substitute with any solid color (preferred) scrap fabric on hand because this will only be used for practicing hand
- Thread: Sewing thread in a contrast color (feel free to substitute with any thread compatible with your needle)
- Needle: Hand Sewing, Embroidery, or crewel needle (feel free to substitute with any hand sewing needles on hand)
- Embroidery thread for decorative mending
- Iron (optional)
- Ironing Board (optional)
- Ruler and pencil, fabric chalk, or fabric pen
This is a Virtual Event hosted through Zoom. Please provide your email at registration to participate. You will receive an email with a link to access the Zoom before the event from your event host. Zoom log-in information will be shared no later than one hour before start of event.A computer with access to the internet and speakers or headsets are required. A webcam and microphone are suggested to fully participate. If using a mobile device, Android and iOS users must install the Zoom App (App Store | Play Store). However, please note interactivity may be limited. Additional information will be included in the email from your event host.
Recommended Audience: Adults