In this two-part series (April 6 & 13), learn the craft of paper flower making using crepe paper. We will introduce tools and techniques for creating handcrafted paper flowers. This month we are featuring the crepe paper peony
Day 1, April 6- Introduce materials and prepare parts of the flower
Day 2, April 13- Assemble and shape the flower
- Fine crepe paper (3 colors preferred for center, petals, and leaves) - can substitute other crepe paper if needed, including crepe paper streamers
- Floral wire (18 to 20 gauge works best)
- Glue (extra strength glue stick, craft glue, tacky glue with a small brush or hot glue)
- Wirecutter (optional if you want to cut your wire to a shorter length)
- Floral tape (optional)
- Templates for flower pieces (will be sent in the email prior to event)
Recommended audience: Adults
This is a Virtual Event hosted through Zoom. You will receive an email with a link to access the Zoom before the event from your event host. Zoom log-in information will be shared no later than one hour before start of event.
A computer with access to the internet and speakers or headsets are required. A webcam and microphone are suggested to fully participate.
If using a mobile device, Android and iOS users must install the Zoom App (App Store | Play Store). However, please note interactivity may be limited. Additional information will be included in the email from your event host.
Recommended Audience: Adults