This is a Virtual Event hosted through Zoom. You will receive an email with a link to access the Zoom before the event from your event host.
A computer with access to the internet and speakers or headsets are required. A webcam and microphone are suggested to fully participate.
If using a mobile device, Android and iOS users must install the Zoom App (App Store | Play Store). However, please note interactivity may be limited. Additional information will be included in the email from your event host.
Class Duration: 2 hours per part, 18 weekly parts
Age Requirements: 13-Adult
Required Skills: Intermediate knitting skills, including reading patterns and executing common stitches
Materials Fee: None
Required Materials: Students should have the following materials to complete the project*:
Pattern: Florida Trip Mystery Knit Along Shawl
- Yarn requirements:
- 1200 yards of fingering weight yarn (sock/light/size 1)
- 300 yards of a dark solid or tonal color (color A)
- 300 yards of a medium solid or tonal color (color B)
- 300 yards of a light solid or tonal color (color C)
- 300 yards of a contrast or pop color or variegated/speckled color (color D)
- Needle requirements:
- 24"-36" long circular size US 5 (3.75 mm) needle or size needed to get gauge*
- 24"-36" long circular size US 4 (3.5 mm) needle or one size smaller than gauge needle
- Stitch markers in a variety of colors and/or shapes
- Steel crochet hook 1.25 mm or smaller for beading OR threading floss
- Size 6 seed beads (approximately 500 beads)
- Cable Needles
- Yarn/darning/tapestry needle
*Please complete the Check Your Engine section prior to the first class to determine your gauge.
Note: Intermediate knitting skills are necessary to be successful in this class. New to knitting? Check out the Fiber Arts Lib Guide.