Interior Design is the art of enhancing an interior space in order to improve both functionality and aesthetics while purposely creating a positive experience for all.
This event is 2 hours.
This 4-part course, “The Designer is In,” is presented by Rebecca Hubler, ASID, CAPS, and is geared to help homeowners and design enthusiasts understand and apply the basics of Interior Design to successfully create their own project. This interactive course is a combination of hands-on design studio solutions that is specific to each participant’s projects and presentations to further their knowledge of the “how to’s” of Interior Design.
Whether an individual’s project is large or small, complex or straightforward, each class participant will have the opportunity to share their ideas and get expert advice from Rebecca while learning techniques (and some tricks) to seamlessly blend and balance all elements of design into a cohesive and eye-pleasing whole.
· Friday, October 6th, 1pm-3pm: The Designer Is In Series- Part 1 – Introductions, Design Overview, Starting Your Project; decorating dos and don’ts, developing a plan of action, drawing a floor plan (*Please bring the following supplies to class: tape measure, ¼” graph paper, tracing paper, scale ruler- must say ”Architect”)
· Friday, October 13th, 1pm-3 pm: The Designer Is In Series – Part 2 Review of Homework, Introduction to Interior Design Basics, Window Treatments, Individual Projects
· Friday, October 20th, 1pm-3 pm: The Designer Is In Series - Part 3 Review of Homework, Kitchens & Bath Basics, Individual Projects
· Friday, October 27th, 1pm-3 pm: The Designer Is In Series - Part 4 – Color Basics, Lighting Basics, Individual Projects, Wrap -up; answer any unasked/unanswered questions
Design Your Space Course Recommended Materials:
1. 25’ metal tape measurer (hardware store, Home Depot, Lowes)
2. Tracing paper (arts & craft stores i.e Michael’s, Plaza Art Supply)
3. ¼” graph paper (arts & craft stores i.e Michael’s, Plaza Art Supply)
4. Scale Ruler- Must say ”Architect” (arts & craft stores i.e Michael’s, Plaza Art Supply)
5. ¼” Basic Furniture Templates (optional) (arts & craft stores i.e Michael’s, Plaza Art Supply)
Please note: This event series builds upon information every week. If you miss an event, you may miss the event details for the following week or from the previous week.
Rebecca Hubler Bio:
Interior Designer Rebecca Hubler is a professional member of the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) and a Certified Aging in Place Specialist (CAPS). In 1985 she established Designed Interiors, which has grown into a well-respected and award-winning residential/commercial interior design firm. Rebecca holds both MA and BA degrees in Interior Design from Marymount University and Mount Vernon College (now part of George Washington University) respectively. Her work has been published in The Washington Post, Architecture, Spaces Magazine, Home & Design, and Northern Virginia. She has been honored by ASID and the American Institute of Architects. In addition, Rebecca has been featured on two episodes of HGTV’s “Curb Appeal,” appeared on Fox TV News, and has been a guest lecturer aboard Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruise ships. Rebecca enjoys working closely with her clients to help them achieve innovative, effective, and aesthetically pleasing designs that are casual, and comfortable and are a reflection of their vision. Her Specialties include: Universal Design, Aging in Place, kitchen and bath remodeling and custom cabinetry.
When attending an event, class or meeting at the Orange County Library System, please follow all CDC guidelines pertaining to COVID-19. Please help keep each other healthy and safe.